- This event has passed.
FIC Roadshow: All Level Apprenticeships up to Degree and Masters
April 6, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Mike Punt – Lead Academic – University of Portsmouth
Jane Lamer – Fareham College
‘Being an apprentice means that you have a job that includes gaining recognised qualifications and essential skills whilst you are working and earning a wage.’
What you may not know is that there is no age limit to being an apprentice. Indeed, you can now obtain a Degree or even a Master Degree as an senior employee apprentice wanting to gain or upgrade skills. Things covered in this roadshow:
- Overview on new Apprenticeship Levy – in force from April 2017
- Funding – most SME get 90 to 100% funding
- Apprenticeships from level 2 to 5 from Fareham College
- Apprenticeships from level 6 and 7 from University of Portsmouth
- What is a Degree Apprenticeship and its significant benefits to SME?
- List of Degree Apprenticeships available at University of Portsmouth
- Models of Delivery – number of days per year and number of year configurations
- Next steps
Mike and Jane will be available afterwards for those wanting to discuss their specific requirements.
This is an open invitation. Please forward to any of your business owner contacts that may benefit.
This is a great opportunity to network with other business owners and managers in the Fareham Innovation Centre on what is the 2nd Anniversary of the centre opening!